Thursday, October 14, 2004

 

The Wounds Are Deep

A war mongering bitch is just that. Go fight it yourself. And yes we are fighting for oil. We need tohave two countries. One for you and the other for the rest of us. Don't bother me again. Anonymous

Actually, the comment above was the second I received on the same day sent by the same person. Those comments and my remarks are beneath in "Let's Fight Vietnam Again, Part Two."

If I Put it Out, I Gotta Take It

I took a chance when I added unsolicited names to my address list. I realized there would be people who would openly disagree and tell me so. Or they just didn't want to have me in their email box. That's fine.

When a very good friend and neighbor politely took his name off my list, I was surprised. But, again, that's okay. I respected his privacy and sensibilities. But...

This reader's response sure stung! I'm taking it like a big girl, though.

Campaign Seasons are too Long

We need to trim these interminable presidential campaigns to three or four months. The 21st Century doesn't utilize horseback and ships to send the news. Moreover, I believe it puts the nation into the kind of turmoil that is harmful in the long run. It's like the Hatfields and the McCoys, arguments that go on for centuries. Like the ones in the Middle East.

Do we really want two Americas, as the reader said? If we keep this strife up nonstop, we may need two Americas.

Thoughts about Everyday Things

Can someone tell me why CNN is the only newscast available in airports and train stations? Isn't CNN, noted for its left bias, using PUBLIC airwaves to proselitize in the name of the Democrat Party to a captive audience?

What's the difference between this and the "Stolen Honor" controversy? Get CNN out of the depots!

While we're on the subject of subliminal and overt conditioning, let's talk about the choice of major newspapers to place "Doonesbury" along the top of the front page of the Sunday comics. It belongs on the editorial page.

Why do we put up with this?

Thanks for the read.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?